Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
What did you just say? Yes, that’s right. This bad boy won’t consume your 21 Day Fix [precious] blue container.
And before you start yelling at me, here’s why… traditional hummus is made with oil & tahini. It’s not necessary, but that’s the authentic way to make it. I simply replace the oil with broth and, voila, you’ve got oil-free hummus. 🙂
- 1/2 c garbanzo beans, drained (canned)
- 4 T vegetable broth (water, liquid from the garbanzo beans, etc. -- basically, you need a bland liquid to help it all blend together)
- 1/2 t garlic, minced
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Generous shake of curry powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pile directly into your face with a spoon. Or be civilized and use as dip, dressing or spread. Whatever works for you.
- 1 yellow
- Mix it up with other flavors. Try roasted red peppers, hot sauce or pumpkin.