Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links from which I will earn a commission.
21 Day Fix Tips and Tricks
I get so many messages and emails for tips about 21 Day Fix and the challenge pack!
First of all, I’ll cover a ton of questions in one nifty little list. Autumn does lots of Q&A and interviews on her Youtube channel that are so helpful! I’ve gone through her videos and found answers to the frequently asked questions I receive. Each of these link directly to the portion of the video where she or the nutritionist explain the answer.
21 Day Fix Questions and Answers
- Can I eat PB2? Answer.
- Can I eat Quest Bars? Answer.
- Breastfeeding? Answer.
- Why are peanuts blue AND orange? Answer.
- Should I prepare separate meals for the rest of my family? Answer.
- How do I count Ezekiel bread? Answer.
- Popcorn addict? You’re going to be very happy with this answer.
- BUTTER? Answer.
- Kind bars! Please say yes, Jean! Well…. Answer.
- Maple syrup, raw sugar and honey, oh my! Read page 15 of your Eating Plan 🙂
- Why not more almond milk?! Answer. Spring 2015 UPDATE: Autumn personally uses up to 4 oz of unsweetened almond and/or coconut milk and does not count it as a container. 🙂
- Why am I starving? 🙁 Answer.
- What do I do if I can’t finish my meals? Answer.
- Should I change my calorie bracket when I can’t get workouts in? Answer.
- How about coconut milk yogurt?
- Shakeology on 3-Day Quick Fix? Answer.
- How do I change My Fitness Pal to be a 21DF container tracker? From a computer (not mobile), login. Settings > Diary Settings — change “Meal Names:” to container colors.
- How do I divide meals like casseroles?? Answer.
- Quick meal tip:
“I’m at a plateau! HELP!”
Nah. You’re fine. Trust me! Have you checked your inches lately? I bet you’re still losing. The scale doesn’t always reflect progress — just remember that. It might also be time to re-evaluate or kick it into higher gear. Here are some tips I’ve gathered from the Eating Plan, Autumn and beyond:
- Eat from the top 1/3 of the lists. The lists are organized in a hierarchy with the best options being at the top.
- DOUBLES! It’s always a good time to do doubles! Sweat it out!
- Increase your water. Are you barely hitting the minimum? Try increasing your daily intake by a few glasses.
- Try to workout out first thing AM before you’ve eaten anything. Sometimes working out in a fasted state can boost your losses.
- Mix it up! Always eating the same foods? Eat a variety of foods from the Eating Plan.
21 Day Fix Tips and Tricks for Organization
How do you stay organized? How do you track your containers? I work full-time from home, so I actually just track them on an Excel spreadsheet. It’s really simple. I put in how many containers I’m allowed. I enter them as I eat them and it subtracts from my total. There are also lots of free apps out there, if that’s your fancy. I’ll share one more idea below as well!
If you know me, it’s no shock that I love labels, sparkly/shiny objects and, well, food. 🙂 So it’s no surprise that I hacked apart my 21 Day Fix Eating Guide and incorporated all of those things in one cute place. My original Eating Plan book had seen it’s better days after just one round. I carried that thing around like it was the map to dry land in Waterworld. It was looking rough!
So I went to my local Kinkos and had them cut the binding off of one for me. It might cost a couple of bucks. Mine did it for free (thanks Kinkos fella!). Then I simply dug through my office and art supplies and made it into a binder. Easy peasy! I have the workout calendar in the front. It’s separated into sections of the four main containers. I have the tally sheets, extra notes and stickers in the back. Stickers?? I just like stickers. Who doesn’t deserve a star sticker after a great day?? Sometimes I print some of my favorite recipes and add them into the back for quick reference, too.
By having the pages in binder pockets, your tally sheets automatically become dry erase boards, too! This is great, if you are working at a desk most of the day. Just flip open your binder, tally your container and go about your day. Wipe it clean for the next day.
In addition to being organized and adorable, having the Eating Plan in a binder also serves those of us in the kitchen very well. It can finally stand on a cookbook stand without flopping closed. YES!
Not sure if 21 Day Fix is for you? Message or email me and we’ll chat. It’s a very simple program with amazing, healthy results. These were my results after just one round (21 days). I just love it! I lost 11.2 pounds and 8.25 inches in 21 days. I’ve now lost over 25 pounds by just repeating the plan!